The eWINE Grand Challenge ended at the University of Oulu, Finland, on June 12th 2017, during the EuCNC . Seven teams participated to the final phase, showing exciting demonstrations on how wireless networks can be improved by adding intelligent software or hardware. As Dr Ingrid Moerman, eWINE project coordinator, highlighted at the end of the event, the selection was hard because of the quality of the selected proposals. Nevertheless the selecting committee was able to appoint the three winning teams:
First prize: 4000 €
- Title: 5G Flexible Transceiver for Physical Layer Evaluation, 5GFlexPHY
- Contact person: Luciano Leonel Mendes
- Affiliation: Instituto Nacional de Telecomunicações – Inatel, Brazil
First runner-up: 2500 €
- Title: Intelligent Network Control for the Internet of Things INTER-IOT
- Contact person: Lefteris Mamatas
- Affiliation: University of Macedonia, Greece
Second runner-up: 1500 €
- Title: Enabling Agile Adaptation in Dense Heterogeneous Deployment of Commercial 802.11 Devices
- Contact person: Efstratios Kerandis
- Affiliation: GRIDNET S.A., Greece
We would like to thanks to all participants for their great and high-level proposals.
More details about the Grand Challenge here.